With the arrival of Jadon, my parents are in town to watch the girls while we are at the hospital getting acclimated to our newest family member. There have been a few little moments that have happened over the past few days (some at the hospital, and some at home) that we were talking about recently and I thought, "I'd better write these down before we forget." So that's why I created this post. In no particular order, there are 5 things that Abby and I thought were pretty cute that the girls did over the weekend.
- While the girls were visiting the hospital and Jadon was in his crib sleeping, Alexis climbed up into the rocking chair next to the crib to get a peek at him. Fortunately Abby had the camera with her so she was able to snap a quick photo...
- We posed the girls on the rocking chair and I held Jadon over the girls so we could get a picture of the 3 of our children. When I initially held Jadon over the middle of Alexis and Alana, his arm was hanging over Alana's leg. She picked it up and tossed it off of her leg, as if to say, "Who do you think you are, touching my leg like that?" Below are the before and after pictures...
- My mom was holding Jadon on the couch in our hospital room while the girls were sitting next to her just watching curiously. My mom offered Jadon to them and asked, "Can you give Jadon a kiss?" Alexis gave kisses every time she was asked. Alana likes to offer her cheek and kiss the air (see 1st picture below). I was able to get a picture of Alexis kissing Jadon (2nd picture below), but I was having trouble getting one of Alana kissing him with her lips. My mom asked Alana to kiss him again and Alana extended her arm, pushed his head away, and said, "All done."
- I don't have pictures to go with this or the next one, but I think they're worth sharing. When it comes to discipline, we mostly prefer time-outs with our girls. They seem to be pretty effective. While the girls were at our house with just my parents, one of them (my parents couldn't remember which one) started to take a toy from the other. My dad said (in a stern voice), "No" and the one who was doing the taking immediately stopped. She then proceeded to hang her head (presumably in shame) and walk herself right into her time-out spot. The funny thing is, since she listened to the initial "No" she wasn't even deserving of, nor would she have received a time-out. Pretty cute.
- Finally, since Jadon was born and the girls have come to visit him, they can't get enough of his picture. They love looking at pictures of Jadon (if they can't look at the real thing). My mom says they constantly ask her to see pictures of him, so every time they ask she pulls out her phone and they look at pictures of Jadon. That in and of itself is adorable, but she called last night to tell me that once while looking at the pictures they decided to kiss the pictures. Priceless!
In other news: today is go-home day! Also, Jadon's bilirubin levels (related to jaundice, high is bad) have been somewhat elevated the whole time we've been here but he was tested this morning and they're coming down! Also, he's gained weight after previously losing. Most babies lose weight after birth and don't start gaining by the time the family is discharged from the hospital. Our little rockstar feeder isn't most babies! Yay Jadon!