Monday, August 31, 2009

It's been a while....

...since my last post so I figured it might be a good idea to write another. A lot has happened since the last time I posted. The biggest development is that the girls' developmental pediatrician has decided that it's time to put the girls in helmets. They look like the one pictured here...



That's a little sad for us, but the alternative is a crooked head because the girls lay on their right side all the time which has created a flat spot on the right side of their heads. They'll have to wear the helmets 23 hours a day until the problem goes away. This is all of course IF our insurance or Medicaid will cover the helmets. They're 1700 bucks each so if not then the girls are just going to have to live with crooked heads :)

We have taken a few vacations since my last post. First we took a weekend trip up to Michigan. May parents joined us up there and we also introduced the girls to many people on my mom's side of the family. After that we took them to Florida for a week. We drove both times because even though flying would be cheaper for us (with my benefits) we didn't want to subject our girls to the germs and varying pressures they'd experience in airplanes. We drove through the night down to Georgia and stayed a day with my parents before driving through the night to get to Florida (where we stayed with Abby's family). It was a great trip and I can't wait until we go back for Christmas. We really miss Florida. Abby has taken TONS of pictures since the last time I've posted. I will give you a few of them here...


Us at my parents' house

The girls with all of their cousins

Alana and Alexis

Alexis (top) and Alana (bottom)


Also, here is a quick video of Alana talking away...






2 comments:

  1. wow...your girls truly are miracles. it's amazing that they started in this world so early and so small....now they are such healthy, gorgeous girls!

    maya and gianna would love to meet alana and alexis someday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your girls are just beautiful...
    I love seeing little healthy miracles momos ...

    ReplyDelete